Friendship Forever


Friendship Forever




Best friends are truly responsible for making our lives worth living. Not only are they always up for fun experiences but they are also the ones who are there for us when we need them the most.

My best friend has dragged me out from the depths of despair when no one else was watching. My best friend held me all night when my heart exploded and my pride was shattered. My best friend cradled me in the midst of debilitating heartbreak.
My best friend has been a hell of a lot more than just a friend. She’s been a sister, a partner, a roommate, a mother figure and — at times — even an enemy.

We’re best friends because you love me even when I’m terrible. It’s easy to love someone when they’re doing well, it’s easy when there’s nothing but happiness and good vibes. The real challenge comes when everything is crap. You’re not a fun person to be around, people are screening your number and you’re a damn social pariah. But you don’t care.

We’re best friends because I can take you anywhere and you’ll adapt. Whether it’s the chicest party or some insufferable family gathering, you’ll deal with it like a champ. I don’t have to worry about leaving you alone or keeping you entertained.

We’re best friends because you never make me uncomfortable. I think about most of my friends and realize that they’ve made me feel weird at some point in our friendship. Whether it’s from an awkward silence or an off-color remark, I’ve felt unsure about them. Not you though. I always know that you make sense and that this makes sense.

You’re my best friend because you’re not afraid to call me out on my crap or disagree with me. I can’t get away with anything when I’m with you. You’ll tell me things that I need to hear but everyone else is too afraid to tell me. Your honesty is so damn refreshing albeit a bitter pill to swallow sometimes.

Even now months could go by and we’ll finally talk as if no time has passed between us. The catching up is a delight. The juicy stuff, the bad things we did, the inappropriate things we think. Husbands, boyfriends, crushes, fantasies. We talk about it all. There’s no judgment. There’s no shame. There’s just us. We talk, we laugh, we cajole. And then we hang up for who knows how long.

I would like to thank you my dear friend for your kind support, help, company and guidance throughout my entire life. Love you Jhedu (:

I have dedicated something to you and our friendship, I hope people will like it:




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loneliness