Friendship - A Brotherhood Relationship

Friendship - A Brotherhood Relationship

This is why you’re My Best Friend

We’re best friends because you never make me uncomfortable. I think about most of my friends and realize that they’ve made me feel weird at some point in our friendship. Whether it’s from an awkward silence or an off-color remark, I’ve felt unsure about them. Not you though. I always know that you make sense and that this makes sense.

We’re best friends because we can go for long stretches of time without talking and it won’t damage the relationship. We always pick up where we left off. Surfaces changes mean nothing to us.

We don’t need common interests in order to connect. We don’t need a mutual love of music or sports or whatever to keep us together.

We’re best friends because you don’t get resentful or jealous if I get into a relationship or land an amazing job. I mean, maybe you are and that’s fine. The important thing is that you keep it to yourself like a best friend should.

You’re my best friend because you’re not afraid to call me out on my crap or disagree with me. I can’t get away with anything when I’m with you. You’ll tell me things that I need to hear but everyone else is too afraid to tell me. Your honesty is so damn refreshing albeit a bitter pill to swallow sometimes.

What Makes a Good Friend?

Having good friends who love and support you for who you are is really important for your happiness.

The better the quality of your relationships, the more likely you are to be happy. So, being a great friend to someone and having friends support your back is good for your wellbeing.

Signs of a good friend

Friends will come and go in your life. No matter how long your friendships last, the most important thing is your friends’ acceptance of you for who you are. A good friend walks the talk and shows that they care by their actions – big and small.
A good friend:
  • is there for you, no matter what
  • doesn’t judge you
  • doesn’t put you down or deliberately hurt your feelings
  • is kind and respectful to you
  • is someone whose company you enjoy
  • is loyal
  • is trustworthy and willing to tell you the truth, even when it’s hard for you to hear
  • laughs with you
  • sticks around when things get tough
  • makes you smile
  • is there to listen
  • Comforts you when you cry.


  • We have completed more than 25 years of our friendship and many more to go.
  • Words cannot define any relationship in life but here I have written something for my Best friend, little brother or for my childhood friend.
  • I Hope you people will like it:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship Forever

Loneliness